The online RN to BSN Program assists registered nurses (RNs) to add value to their basic education, broaden their perspective of current clinical practice, enhance their leadership potential, and prepare for graduate study in nursing by earning a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing enhances RN knowledge and competencies needed for the complex healthcare environment. Now, more than ever, nurses prepared at the baccalaureate and master's level are in great demand by health care employers. Our faculty are invested in nurturing students as they prepare for their roles as clinicians, educators, leaders, consumers of research, and responsible members of society. The School of Nursing is approved by the North Carolina Board of Nursing and accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
RN to BSN Nursing Program
To be admitted to the program, students must satisfy the following admission prerequisites:
• A current, unrestricted license to practice as an RN within the United States
• A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on all post-secondary courses.
• Completion of the School of Nursing course prerequisites and the WCU Liberal Studies requirements with grades of C or better.
• Accumulation of at least 60 semester non-nursing credit hours.
• The WCU Liberal Studies requirement is waived if the student has a previous baccalaureate degree or an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science from a North Carolina Community College. An Associate of Applied Science degree does not waive this requirement.
Retention in the Program: Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 overall in the major and earn a grade of C (2.0) or better in each required course in the major in order to remain in the program.
• Students are expected to adhere to the technical and professional standards and safe practice policies of the program.
• For the most up to date information regarding standards, refer to the RN to BSN Nursing program website.
• See the Nursing program website for application deadlines.
The RN to BSN program is only for persons who
• Have a current, unrestricted license to practice as an RN within the US OR will have such a license before starting WCU NSG courses.
• Have completed WCU Liberal Studies requirements
• Have at least 60 semester hours not counting previous Nursing courses
• Desire the convenience of an online program.
The total number of hours for the program: 120.